This delicious gluten-free Raspberry Lemon Coffee Cake topped with a Lemon Sour Cream Sauce is made with wholesome ingredients, no refined-sugars, and Kalona SuperNatural Organic Sour Cream! Go ahead, enjoy this cake for breakfast!
Raspberry Lemon Sour Cream Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup honey + additional to drizzle on top
- 1 lemon juiced + zest of 1/2 lemon (zest is optional – will make cake more lemony)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (or berries of choice)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For Lemon Sour Cream Sauce:
- 2/3 cup Kalona SuperNatural Sour Cream
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 lemon juice + a little zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 or 10 inch round baking dish (or square).
- In a mixing bowl, combine oat flour, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl (or electric mixer), whisk 3 eggs. Then mix in sour cream until smooth. Then add honey, lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Once just combined, stir in raspberries gently.
- Transfer batter to baking dish and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until center is baked through.
- While cake is baking, in a small bowl, combine Lemon Sour Cream Sauce ingredients.
- Once cake is done baking, remove from oven and drizzle with additional honey (about 1-2 tbsp.) and lemon zest if you would like more lemony flavor.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve cake with a dollop of Lemon Sour Cream Sauce on top.
Serving size: 1/10 of cake Calories: 255 Fat: 11 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Sugar: 13 g Sodium: 165 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 8 g
Recipe Courtesy of The Real Food Dietitians.